There is a variety of "Content" that you can store and manage in your RPI Profile. This How To will review those content areas with you and show you how to add, edit, and manage this content.
You are able to Bookmark favorite and frequently visited pages on the RPI website. You can share your Bookmarks with your RPI member Connections or keep them private.
To add a webpage to your Favorites just click on the star icon at the top of the page. When you click on the star it will ask you if you want to share it or keep it private and it will also offer you the option to place it in a Category.
If you are on your Profile Home page, click on the button at the top to access your Favorites.
Files and Links
You can save files and links to your Member Profile and manage them in this section. You may want to save something from the RPI Resource Library or a document from the website or anywhere.
Add Files and Links
To add a file or link:
- Click on the Files and Links link in your Manage Profile section.
- Click on Manage Files and Links link at the top.
- Click on Add a New Item link at the top.
You can now define if the new item is a link or a file, name the file/link, determine if you want it to be private for your own use or make it public for other members to see/access, add a description of the item, and then use "Browse" to upload the item.
Access Files and Links
Click on the Files and Links in the Manage Profile section. Your Files and Links are also accessible in the button at the top of your Member Home page. You will see a listing of all of your files and links. Click on Manage Files and Links and you can open the files and links, edit and delete them.
You can add your own photo gallery and share with your network.
Before adding photos, you first need to create a new Album.
- Click on Photo Gallery in the Manage Profile page or by clicking on the button at the top of the Profile Home page.
- Select Manage Albums.
- Name your new Album.
- Click on View Albums.
- Click on your new Album.
- Use the Browse feature to select the photo to upload.
- Click on the small icon next to Browse that looks like a computer with a yellow arrow above it to upload.
- Determine if you will allow comments by your connections or no comments.
- Determine if you will allow the picture to be seen by Members Only or the Public.
You can access and manage your Photos on your Profile Home page or by clicking on thebutton at the top to access your Photos.
You can create your own Blog or follow the Blogs of other members or Groups that you're a member of.
Create a Blog
- Click on your Manage Profile page.
- Select Blogs.
- Select Create a New Blog.
- Name your Blog and determine who is allowed to comment, if you'll allow Voting (which is like rating with a Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down) and Scores (scores are a star rating system based on the number of Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down Votes the post receives) on posts, and if you'll allow Voting and Scores on Comments. Add a short description of your blog.
- Click Submit.
Post in Your Blog
- From the Profile Home page, click on the button.
- Select Blogs.
- Click on the name of the Blog you'd like to post in.
- Click on Add a New Post which is found below the Search field.
- Create a Title for your post and write in the text editor to create your post.
- Determine if you'd like your Blog post to also be posted to your Wall on your Profile Home page.
- Click Submit.
Comment On or Rate a Blog Post
If the owner of a Blog allows comments, you may comment and rate or "Vote" on a Blog posting. To do so, just click on the "Thumbs Up" or "Thumbs Down" (that is your "Vote"). Posts and Comments can all be voted on and receive "Scores" based on the number of "Thumbs Up" or "Thumbs Down" votes received; the Score is essentially how many stars the posting gets.
To Comment on a Post, just click on Comment on This Post at the bottom of the posting.
Follow Others Blogs
If you would like to follow another member's blog or receive notifications on comments received on your own Blogs, you need to Subscribe to the Blog. Just select the Blog that you'd like to Subscribe to and click the at the top of the Blog that says Subscribe.
Once you are Subscribed, you can determine if you'd like to receive notifications on new comments and activity in the Blog. As a subscriber, you will receive email notification of any activity, including each new post. You may choose to be notified of new comments as well by clicking on the red conversation bubble in the options column. Conversely, clicking on a green conversation bubble will stop notifications generated by comments. Clicking on the red circle with an X on it will "unsubscribe” you from that blog altogether
You can modify your Subscriptions to Blogs anytime by selecting the Manage Subscriptions link found at the top of your Blogs. You can easily Unsubscribe from a Blog at the top of the Blog as well.
You have the ability to create up to 10 Pages on your Profile Home page. You can include whatever content you'd like in these pages (keeping within RPI Policies).
Add a Page
You can add a page by clicking on the Pages link in the Manage Profile page.
- Click on Add Page.
- Create a Title for the Page.
- Decide if you would like the Bookmark Widget added (this means that other members would have the ability to bookmark your page in their own Favorites).
- Determine if you would like others to be able to Vote on your page (again, Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down which results in determining how many stars the page gets which is the Score).
- Determine if you would like to incorporate an RSS Feed on the page (you may paste in the URL of any RSS 2.0/ATOM compliant XML feed. Your RSS/ATOM content will be displayed below any custom page content you have entered on the page).
- Add your content in the text editor and click Submit.
You and others can access your Pages by clicking on the Pages link at the tope of your Profile Home page. You can manage and edit your pages in your Manage Profile page.
You can access or bookmark Favorite pages from your colleagues by going to their Profile Home page, selecting the Pages link at the top and viewing their pages. If they have included the bookmark widget, you can add their pages to your Favorites by clicking on the Star icon.